School groups include grades Kindergarten through Grade 12. If you would like to bring a school group of any size to the Statue of Liberty National Monument and Ellis Island, please review the following information.
In order to verify legitimate school group status and qualify for the group discounted rate, the group must fax a letter on school letterhead detailing the date and time of trip, the number of students and adults.
The discounted rate is only available for purchase through our group sales department. It is not available for purchase online.
The discounted school rate does not apply to any student beyond senior year of high school and college students.
Required Supervision: One adult leader (age 21 years or older) is required for every 10 youths and must remain with the students at all times. Visitors who are 18-20 years old do not qualify as chaperones. Only the required number of chaperones will qualify for the discount, all additional tickets must be paid at the regular adult or senior rate. Chaperones must remain with the group at all times.
Reservation requests may by submitted up to six months in advance. Payment in full by school check is required 30 days prior to the tour date.
Flex Tickets and Reserve Tickets are both available. For Reserve Tickets, please note that the time you choose is the approximate time you will be entering the Boarding Queue and not the vessel departure time. We recommend that you travel lightly. All persons and property are subject to search.
To make a request please follow the instructions below and the group sales department will email an invoice and payment instructions within 5 business days.
Reservation Request Procedure
Ticket Types Available: All tickets are valid for one-time use only.
- Reserve Tickets are only valid for the Date/Time you specify. Note: If you would like to reserve a Crown or Pedestal Access Pass for each member of your group, you must request Reserve Tickets.
- Flex Tickets: Valid for one admission over a three-day period from date you request.
- Audio Tour: Every visitor to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island receives the audio tour.
- Crown or Pedestal Access Passes: If you would like to reserve a Crown or Pedestal Access Pass for each member of your group, you must request Reserve Tickets. Crown or Pedestal Access Passes have limited availability and are not guaranteed. The only way to guarantee access inside the Statue of Liberty National Monument is to reserve in advance. A limited number of Crown or Pedestal/Museum Passes are available on a daily basis. IMPORTANT: There are 162 narrow and tight steps from the top of the pedestal to the crown. There is no elevator access from the top of the pedestal to the crown platform - the Statue's feet to the Statue's head. Children must be at least 4-feet tall and able to climb the stairs on their own.
- Pedestal/Museum Passes: If you would like to reserve Pedestal/Museum Passes for each member of your group, you must request Reserve Tickets. Pedestal/Museum Passes have limited availability and are not guaranteed. The only way to guarantee access inside the Statue of Liberty National Monument is to reserve in advance. A limited number of Pedestal/Museum Passes are available on a daily basis.
Getting Your Tickets
- E-ticket: Electronic tickets are emailed to you, which you can print out.
- Will Call: The group leader can pick up the tickets at the Will Call window on the day of visit.
- Mail: Statue Cruises will ship the tickets for a nominal fee.
I agree to provide one adult leader (over 21 years of age) for every 10 youths below the age of 21. Visitors with the group who are 18-20 years old do not qualify as chaperones. We are a qualified school group, and I agree to provide an official letter from our school or school district to verify this. By submitting this group trip reservation form, I agree to follow all rules and regulations established by the National Park Service for the operation of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
We look forward to welcoming your school group aboard. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by email: email@example.com.